Tuition and Cost of Attendance
Annual Costs for International Students 2022-2023 Academic Year
Tuition & Fees
Books, supplies, miscellaneous
Total Estimated Cost：$71,077
*exclusive of transportation costs
– All fees and rates provided at this time are estimates and are subject to change.
– Duke Kunshan student residence and dining facilities are closed during the winter break between the fall and spring semesters.
– DKU residence charge of single room is 9,500 RMB/1,489 USD per semester, double room is 7,500 RMB/1,175 USD per semester.
– International students are required to purchase and enroll in the Health Insurance Plan (including SOS) from the university. For detailed information about insurance, please click here.
– All the students must pay a refundable Campus Deposit of RMB 2,000/USD300. The deposit would be used to pay for the losses and damages caused to university property and some miscellaneous charges such as residence damages, excessive cleaning, refrigerator rental, library overdue fines, damaged or lost books, replacement processing fees, etc.
– Textbook fees will be charged based on actual costs.
– Duke Study Away Costs: Due to our agreement with Duke University, there is no change to tuition, scholarship, or financial aid for students who participate in a semester of study at Duke University. However, students should be aware that the cost of living (housing, food, etc.) and other fees are greater at Duke University than at Duke Kunshan University and students will be responsible for covering those costs. Currently, we calculate these incremental costs to be approximately $7,500 – $9,500, depending on required health insurance needs, and excluding flights.
– Students will also have to cover the full cost of any summer programs in which they participate, including at Duke. The cost of a summer term at Duke including tuition is currently calculated to be approximately USD 9,500 (students who choose courses with science labs will pay approximately USD 1,000 more for one science course).
– Students who pursue other independent study away programs or exchanges outside of Duke University may not be able to transfer scholarships and aid. Costs for other study away programs vary greatly and generally may be found on program provider websites. Please consult the Office of Global Education for further details at email@example.com.